Modified Date: 2/12/2021 | User Level: Regular User | Views: 2,431
Provides a mechanism for displaying one or more testimonials on your website. These testimonials are able to be displayed as a list on a testimonials page, randomly or specifically within the website.
- Send out review requests to one or more individuals.
- Multiple layouts and views.
- Manual testimonial entry.
You will need to have a valid system login that has been granted access to the Testimonials module.
Click for the full size version of the image.
Adding & Editing
- General Information
- Short Testimonial: Fill in the Short Testimonial (this is just a brief summary of the testimonial - up to 250 characters).
- Full Testimonial: Fill in the Full Testimonial (this is for the entire testimonial).
- Testimonial Date: This is the date of the testimonial.
- Type: The type of testimonial for the backend information to display to the search engines. Default types available are:
- Local Business
- Source: Fill this in if the source is outside of your website (e.g., Yelp, Google, Bing, Facebook, etc.).
- Source URL: If this is from another site add the direct link to the testimonial.
- First Name: This is the first name of who the testimonial from.
- Last Name: This is the last name of who the testimonial from.
- Display Name: This is the full or display name of who the testimonial from.
- Email Address: This is the persons email address.
- Rating: This is the start rating (1 [lowest] to 5 [highest]) for the testimonial.
- Rating (Max): This is the maximum rating that the user is allowed to give for this rating.
- Note: The maximum rating is used in calculating and totaling all of the testimonials that are being displayed for the search engines.
- Display Order: If you want certain testimonials to appear before or after others make the display order higher or lower.
- Tags: Allows you to group your testimonials so that they can be displayed in different areas of your website.
- Notes: Any notes that you have on the testimonial.
- Active: The testimonial is active and can be used (if it is approved).
- Review Sent: Is checked if a review request was sent to the customer.
- Send Review: This will send a review request email to the persons email address.
- Approved: The testimonial is approved.
- Approved Date: The date the testimonial was approved.
- Approved By: Who was the person that approved the testimonial.
- Image: Any image associated with the testimonial.
Tips & Tricks
- Reviews will only be shown when active and approved are checked.