To set up your iPhone to access Exchange ActiveSync, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone's home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Complete the following required fields:
After a moment, the iPhone will ask for the server information. This is the URL to your webmail. For example, mail.example.com.
- Email (your full email address)
- Domain name
- Username (with @domainname.com)
- Description (Optional)
NOTE: Do not include http:// when entering the server information.
If your webmail does not support SSL, the following message will display: "Exchange account verification failed."
Change "Use SSL" to "Off."
The iPhone will display a list of collaboration items to sync with Exchange ActiveSync. Choose from the list and tap Done to initiate the first sync.
- Tap Next and then tap Save. Complete step 10 of these setup instructions.
- After step 10, edit the account you just added.
- Tap Account Info.
Question: How do you set the "Display Name" (from) to show the name instead of the email address on iPhone?
This is a limitation of how Exchange ActiveSync is implemented in iOS. By default, iOS takes the email address and uses that. There's no way to modify it presently so that a friendlier display name shows on an iOS device.