Enable Plus Address
Modified Date: 6/16/2016 | User Level: Regular User | Views: 4,472
Plus addressing is a feature that allows you to automatically filter incoming emails into folders without pre-creating the folders or filters to deal with them.
Plus addressing also allows users to use special email addresses if they do not want to give out their real email address. For example, if email@example.com needs to provide a valid email address to sign up for a newsletter, he can sign up for the newsletter using the address firstname.lastname@example.org. When the newsletter is delivered, it will automatically be routed to the Technewsletter folder. If the folder does not exist, it will be created automatically.
Follow these steps to enable plus addressing:
- Log in to SmarterMail as a user
- Click the Settings icon
- Expand the My Settings folder in the navigation pane
- Click Account Settings. The account settings will load in the content pane
- Click the Plus Addressing tab
- Select the appropriate action SmarterMail should perform to plus-addressed emails
- Click the Enable plus addressing checkbox
- Click Save