vCard is a file format standard for electronic business cards. vCards are often attached to e-mail messages, but can be exchanged in other ways, such as on the World Wide Web or Instant Messaging. They can contain name and address information, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, URLs, logos, photographs and even audio clips.
- Follow these steps to send an electronic business card in SmarterMail
- Log into SmarterMail as a user
- Click the Contacts icon. A list of contacts will load in the navigation pane
- Select the desired contact(s)
- Click the Actions menu in the navigation pane toolbar and click Send vCard(s)
- SmarterMail will open a new message window with the vCard(s) attached
- Type the recipient's email address in the To field and compose a message. Then click Send