Migrating from Office 365 is easy. However, there are a few things that aren't as clear-cut as moving from an Exchange server or from a mail service such as Gmail. Below is a step-by-step for anyone migrating from Office 365 to SmarterMail using the mailbox migration utility:
- First, you'll need to log into SmarterMail using the email address you're migrating to
- Next, go to the mailbox migration utility. It's located by clicking on the Settings button, then going to My Settings >> Advanced and clicking on Mailbox Migration. This will load a pop-up window, so be sure you don't have any popup blocking enabled
- When asked for the mailbox Account Type, select "Exchange 2007 SP1 or Later"
- If you are moving to a brand new account in SmarterMail, there's no need to check the box next to "Delete existing SmarterMail mailbox items."
- On the Account Settings portion of the migration you will need to log in to your Office 365 account and to get the Server Address. Once you log in to your Office 365 account you can get the server address from the log in URL. For example, if your log in url is something like https://ch1prd0412.outlook.com/owa, you will want to use "chr1prd-412.outlook.com" as the Server Address you're migrating from
- Use the full email address you use to log in to Office 365 as your Username. For example, JDoe@example.com
- Use your domain name as the Domain for the migration. For example, if you log in with JDoe@example.com you'll just need to use example.com for the domain
- You will need to check the Requires SSL checkbox
- From there, the rest is easy. Just finish up the migration wizard and your Office 365 information will now be in SmarterMail