As Facebook makes its move toward groups having a higher presence we have upgraded our social media management to include a Facebook Group as part of our social experience. Facebook Groups though having high importance on Facebook is definitely not for all companies.
Who are Facebook Groups not good for?
- You have a small fan base that occasionally likes your items but never writes/communicates
- Your information rarely changes and a group would be just adding another thing that doesn’t provide a value
- Not for constant sales posting/pushing your product
Who are Facebook Groups good for?
- Those wishing to increase their brand visibility. A group is not about sales, although you can sell. A group is about educating and building awareness of your brand and possibly other brands by consolidating. The advantage being under your control is you control the message.
- Have an active following
- See other groups your business would be good in but posting a lot would be considered spam and provide a negative appearance on your company brand
- Want to communicate and be at the top of the results of those that have signed up for the group
- Provide online webinars, sell products online, promote podcasts, promote new videos, and promote events and create active communication and collaboration.
- Your product needs customer service and you want to be open and helping all your customers as a whole community rather than just one-on-one
- Save money on paid ads (not always – but we’ve seen paid ad spend decrease)
What is included in our Facebook Group management?
- Creation of the group
- Moderation of every post. We are your Facebook Group Community Manager.
- Removal of inappropriate “stuff” (porn, attacks, malicious content, threats, etc.)
- Maintain your corporate brand identity and tone
- Creation of
- Group rules
- Setting questions for joining the group (optional but recommended as it helps prevent spam bots from overtaking your group)
- Promote your group in the articles we write for you
- Encourage members to engage. Examples:
- Live Q&A sessions