Module: System Alerts
Modified Date: 2/12/2021 | User Level: Regular User | Views: 2,769
Often you need to communicate with those visiting your website for a specific time. By putting information at the top of the page or opening a new window.
- Display a static or scrolling message at the top of the website.
- Display a popup window to your website visitors.
- Set a specific color to bring attention to the system alert.
- Set a start/end date for the alert so that you don't have to remember to turn it on/off.
You will need to have a valid system login that has been granted access to the System Alerts module.
Click for the full size version of the image.
Adding & Editing
- Alert Type: Choose the type of alert you are looking to add
- Popup: Displays a popup window on the screen.
- Scroller: Displays a scrolling ticker that runs continuously on the screen.
- Static: Displays the alert as a static message.
- Alert Color: You can choose from any of the defined alert colors.
- Choosing no color will result in white.
- Start Date: Specifies the date the System Alert is to be displayed.
- End Date: Specifies the date when the System Alert is to no longer be displayed.
- Description: The description is shown for static and scrolling sites.
- Full Description: Used in the popup alert that is displayed to the end user. This field can have any valid HTML text.
- Active: Let's say the start date of this system alert is has come but you're not quite ready yet to make it show on the site or you don't want to show it anymore. If you uncheck the active checkbox you have the final say of when it displays.
Tips & Tricks
- You can have multiple alerts and alert types running at the same time.
- Remember that Active must be checked.
- Having too many alerts can give a negative user experience.
- Leaving your alert type as (None) will not display any alerts.
- You can add new colors using the Application Settings option.