Configure Exchange ActiveSync on Windows Phones
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is available as an optional add-on to SmarterMail. Unlike other synchronization methods, Exchange ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and folders to Windows Phones in real time.
Once you have activated the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on and enabled Exchange ActiveSync for the specific SmarterMail mailbox, you will need to configure the Windows Phone to function with Exchange ActiveSync.
To set up your Windows Phone to access Exchange ActiveSync, follow these steps:
- On your Windows Phone, click Start. Then click Programs and click ActiveSync
- Click the Set up your device to sync with it link
- Enter your email address
- Uncheck the Attempt to detect Exchange Server Settings automatically checkbox
- Click Next
- Enter the URL to your webmail server. For example, mail.example.com. NOTE: Do not include http:// when entering the server information
- If your webmail requires SSL, select the This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection checkbox
- Click Next
- Complete the following required information:
- Username (without @domainname.com)
- Domain name
- Click Next.
- The Windows Phone will display a list of collaboration items to sync with Exchange ActiveSync. Choose from the list and click Finish to initiate the first sync.